Cook & Prep Time: 1.5 hours | Feeds: 6 people
I had to break-in my new Cuisinart Dutch Oven, so I decided to make a stew!
5-8 pieces of Pork neck bones
3 Spicy Italian Sausage
1 lbs Ground Veal
1 cup Red Wine
Small can of Tomato Paste
2 cup Chicken Stock
2 cups Water
2 Carrots (cut into chunks)
2 medium Potatoes (cut into chunks)
Spinach (as much as you want!)
1. Sear all the meats in batches using a Dutch oven and set aside.
2. Depending on the amount of fat in the pot, remove or add enough oil to saute the vegetables. Stir for about 3-5 minutes. Deglaze pot with red wine and stir in tomato paste.
3. Return the meat. Add equal parts of chicken stock and water to cover ¾ of the ingredients in your pot.
4. Add a bayleaf and bring it to a boil.
5. Once it reaches a rolling boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes, covered.
6. Taste and add seasoning.
7. Turn off the heat. Add spinach and stir. Put the lid back on to allow the spinach to wilt and soak up the broth.
8. Serve with pasta or rice!